[Santana 22] Big jib trim

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Thu Jan 17 18:28:30 EST 2008

Tom,

That depends on what you're trying to do.  If you're trying to get
upwind at a high angle, about 2 or 3 inches off the spreader tip.  If
you're footing for more speed in lighter wind, maybe more like 5 or 6
inches.  That's off the spreader tip.

In the last Jack Frost Series race several boats were trying to sail
as high as possible off the Start Line on the first windward leg, but
they paid the price in lower speed. Footing off just a little paid in
more speed.  As the wind picked up that afternoon bringing the Genoa
in to 2 - 3 inches worked, resulting in both a higher angle and good
speed.

I'm looking for a 3rd crew on Sunday's CYC Mid-Winter if you or
someone else is interested in coming along and getting some Genoa Jib
practice in.  Email me for details.

Pat
"Elaine" Hull #245