[Santana 22] S22 Nationals - time to register

Bridget Binko bbinko at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 17:13:22 EDT 2008

Ahoy Tuna Lovers,

It's mid June and I'd like to remind you that now is a good time to register for the Nationals in Santa Cruz from July 25-27. If you register by July 1 you get the early registration rate of $65, but if you wait until after July 1 you pay the regular rate of $85. Such a deal to register by July 1! The benefit to Fleet 9 is that we can better plan a great National Championship regatta if we have advance information on the number of boats and people to expect. You can find the NOR and EF on the SCYC website (www.scyc.org, Racing tab, month of July) or via the Fleet 1 website (www.santana22.com). After release of the form we decided to order some T shirts in women sizes in addition to the standard unisex sizes, so please specify on the EF if you want any T shirts in women sizes. Please also specify if you need sails measured or parking for a boat trailer so that we can plan to accomodate you. Make your hotel reservations soon
 since the annual Wharf to Wharf running race is Sun July 27, and last minute bookings for that weekend will be hard to come by.

To date we have received and approved petitions from 2 boat owners for exceptions to the owner-driver rule for the Nationals - Michael Andrews (Bonito) and Greg Cailliet (Santy Anno). We look forward to seeing both boats compete with their approved alternate skippers. If any other owners wish to petition for an exception in order for their boat to compete, please contact your fleet captain or me ASAP.

We've got a great group of sponsors lined up to make this a fun event - Aldo's Bakery, All Action Photo, Brinks Awards & Signs, Borelli Investments, The Buttery, Crow's Nest, Gelato Massimo, Pineapple Sails, Santa Cruz Sails, Shopper's Corner, and UK-Halsey Sailmakers. Additionally, we look forward to Tom Schock sharing his wisdom on Tunas in a talk on Saturday evening after the Annual Meeting. All Action Photo plans to take on-the-water photos for you to purchase. And Latitude 38 plans to cover the racing.

Fleet 9 looks forward to seeing you in Santa Cruz in July. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jeff and Mark, please forward this email to the Santana owners in your ports as we're looking forward to good participation from Monterey and Moss Landing, Many thanks.

Fair winds,
Bridget Binko
Fleet Captain, Santana Fleet 9 Santa Cruz
bbinko at yahoo.com