[Santana 22] Sarcoma Cup Reminder... June 28-29

Mark Lowry MarkELowry at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 23:31:02 EDT 2008

Santana 22 Sailors -

Just emailing to remind ya'll to get signed up for the Sarcoma Cup Regatta
!!!  This is really going to be a special event.  Nat (one of my fellow
Express 27 racers and a Sarcoma survivor) and her friends and the folks at
RYC have been working overtime to make this a great event.  Two bands, lots
of food, beverages, entertainment.  A long list of trophies (not attached in
this attempt, as the reflector bounced the first one. sorry).  Oh, yeah,
there will also be racing in perfect sailing conditions.  So check it all
out and get signed up ASAP at

http://www.richmondyc.org/cal2/EventShow.asp?event_id=89406
<http://www.richmondyc.org/cal2/EventShow.asp?event_id=89406&event_batch=1>
&event_batch=1

We have just decided to dedicate this first Sarcoma Cup to Andrew, a 15
year-old local sailor who was diagnosed with sarcoma in November, 2007.
Barring a medical emergency we think Andrew will be in attendance...so, it
would be a HUGE boost for his morale to have a big turnout - especially as
he is just starting a new treatment. He is too weak to sail right now so we
can sail for him. You can read more about Andrew at
http://stories.beatsarcoma.org/2008/06/this-years-sarcoma-cup-will-be-sailed
.htm
<http://stories.beatsarcoma.org/2008/06/this-years-sarcoma-cup-will-be-saile
d.html>

Please encourage as many in the Tuna fleet to attend as possible. If you
bring more that 5 boats, we will give you your own start on Saturday and the
pursuit race should be fun (it's OK to race without spinnakers) - the NORs
are posted on the website and the SI will go up soon.

Folks, this is a great cause, all proceeds go to fight sarcoma, great fun,
great sailing. so what are you waiting for, go get signed up. J

Mark Lowry, Ex- Soliton (#584), RYC, Sarcoma Cup Regatta Chair