[Santana 22] May 10 race clinic at Corinthian YC

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 12:07:14 EDT 2008

We're good to go, we're good to go, we're good to go... (apologies to Jodi
Foster)

10:30-11     meet and greet, sign waivers, look at boats (incl Pat's new
Wylie?) visit head (ashore)...
11-noon      chalk talk by Frank Lawlor, Chris Giovacchini and myself:
pre-race; start; upwind; and downwind (strategies, sail trim etc.)
noon-1PM     lunch, at Pelican grill or bring your own
1PM-3PM    short races, with above mentors (and maybe others) switching off
among boats between races; Pat Broderick will be our gracious RC
3PM-whenever eat, drink and tell stories, share insights.  F/C/J will
attempt to tease out lessons learned if the crowd isn't too unruly.

Boats are welcome to stay the night.  I am going back to RYC for another
adventure, sailing to KFOG Kaboom that evening.
You do all remember it's Mother's Day on Sunday, right?

I'm pretty sure we'll have five or six boats at least, more skippers than
that; if you want to come at the last minute please do so, with or without
your boat (and/or crew).  We'll figure out where to put everyone, the more
the merrier.

Oh yeah, and no cost to anyone for all of this (OK, except for lunch and
drinks!), if anyone has expenses please give me the receipts for
reimbursement by the fleet.

Jan Grygier, PhD
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html