[Santana 22] Reminder: Bear Hornady's Celebration of Life Reception

Jeffrey Carder jtcarder at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 00:45:09 EST 2008

Hello Tuna Sailor's,

Robert (Bear) Hornady, member of the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club,
S22 owner and sailor passed away Aug. 21 after a valiant fight against
cancer.

Just a reminder that Bear's Reception is this Sat, Nov 8th, See the
information below forwarded by his wife Roo. I hope to see some of you
at the reception.

Please call me for directions if needed.  Good breezes always !

November 8 (Sat), 2008   2:00-4:00 pm
Pacific Grove Community Center
515 Junipero St. (east of Forest Ave on Junipero)
Pacific Grove, CA
PG Fire has offered to open up their hyperbaric chamber and ocean
rescue van towards the end of the reception.  Bear was a diver for PG
Ocean Rescue and an operator of the Hyperbaric Chamber which took
emergency cases.

I hope Bear's friends in MPYC will drop by to meet Bear's family, his
friends from Cal Fish & Game, Salinas Ramblers Motorcycle Club,
neighbors and old friends to swap stories of Bear's forage into
competitive sailing

Jeffrey Carder
Mizzen #54
(831) 262-1426  cell