[Santana 22] Anybody know sailors who work for Bechtel?

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 18 11:51:58 EDT 2008

Through a strange turn of events I find myself the captain of the
semi-official PG&E sailing team, which for the second year in a row will be
competing in the BIG Team Regatta, put on by Olympic Circle Sailing Club in
J24s to benefit disabled sailing programs at Treasure Island Sailing Center.
We managed to win last year, and will be sponsoring two boats this year (our
"second boat" will have officers aboard, as well as a good Farr40 crew as
skipper).  Companies pony up $5K per boat (shareholder money, in case you
think our ratepayers are supporting such frivolous activity), then 4 lucky
sods get to spend a morning training and bonding, and an afternoon doing 7
or 8 short races close to Berkeley YC.

In an effort to bring our field up to 10 boats, I'd like to get our
"cross-street rivals" Bechtel to sign up, but I don't know anybody there,
let alone any Bechtel sailors.  Do any of you have contacts at Bechtel, or
even better know of Bechtel sailors?

Jan Grygier, PhD
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html