[Santana 22] Season results

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 14 14:09:49 EDT 2008

Yes, I did a calculation based on white sails only races and a split season
with one throwout per half (which is what I recall we agreed on in February,
though a lot has happened since then).  YRA website has all races, while
sails or spinnaker, and lumps them all together.  Our website doesn't have
the last two races and also lumps both halves together.

I sent it to Bill and Pat (as ODCA and YRA chairs) for their approval, but
no response yet.  So with that caveat (i.e. I am not willing to call the
results final), here they are.

They show Meliki as the first-half winner, with Tackful second; and Carlos
as the second-half winner with Meliki second.  And 9 boats out of 14
"qualifying", i.e. sailing half of the races.  Bonito won almost every race
they sailed (we managed to lead half the fleet to their doom in the last
Knox race, including Bonito - always trust your gut, not the current series
leader!), but missed two races (one day) in each half, that was their
downfall.

If any of you wish to point out errors or omissions in my results (pulled
from individual races on YRA/ODCA web site), calculations, or overall
scoring methodology described in the first paragraph please just tell me,
Bill, Michael and Pat (fleet officers and ODCA/YRA folks) so we don't start
an email flurry, I promise that all such points will be investigated and
reported.

Jan "Carlos" Grygier
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html