[Santana 22] women's sailing seminar

Sally Richards sally at pineapplesails.com
Fri Aug 21 19:13:24 EDT 2009

It's that time again.

Island Yacht Club is hosting the Women's Sailing Seminar on October 10
and 11 this year.  As in the past, there will be class room and on-the-
water instruction on Saturday and the option of racing on Sunday.  We
would like to have some Santana 22's to make a one-design class for
the racing on Sunday.

The boats will race in the Estuary in front of the club.  An owner or
owner's representative needs to be present.  An instructor [women
teaching women has been a basic at this event] and a few "students"
will be assigned to each boat.  We usually try for 3 races up and down
the Estuary, starting in front of the club.  And we would like the
"students" to rig the boats before they leave the dock.  Lunch is
provided.

I suspect we'll need between 5 and 8 boats.  I currently have one
committed.  So if you can help, please let me know.

We may want to race with spinnakers, but only if enough boats have
them.  We usually have started the racing late morning and finished by
early to mid-afternoon.  It is a fun day, very low-key.  And the women
are so grateful for the experience.

So I hope some of you can help.

Sally

Sally Richards