[Santana 22] Carlos needs a new rudder!

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Wed Jun 10 15:56:32 EDT 2009

Steve,

It is stainless.  It is prone to corrosion.  If you've got enough to
look (even "look") like a hole all the way through, my judgement
would be a new rudder sooner rather than later.  Without an expensive
exam there's no way to know how far things have gone.

And you're right, they will fail when you need them most because
that's usually when they're being asked to steer in high winds and
currents.

Pat
ex-Elaine