[Santana 22] Santana 22 Sunday - 4/24

antrim27 at aol.com antrim27 at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 19:50:23 EST 2010

Tuna 22 sailors,

I am thinking of having a Pre-Season gathering at T.I. Cove on 4/24.  As Fleet Captain, I want to gauge interest in doing so.

I am thinking we would have a number of short windward / leeward races.  Go to the dock in T.I. Cove for some chatting, maybe a pot luck bite to eat, then go out and do some more practices starts and mark roundings before calling it a day.  Maybe start at 11:00am and finish up by 4:00pm.

It could possibly cost us $10 per boat to use their dock and restrooms.  Think about it.   If we have at least five boats committed, my crew Javier and I will coordinate and play race committee.

This will also give people a chance to pay their 2010 class dues of $35.00, if you have not done so by then.  Please mail your dues to Wayne Best now.  It will help the Fleet decide what sort of trophies we can do for half season winners (more to come on that in my next e-mail), as well as supports the Nationals Regatta that you will not want to miss!

Let me know your interest in a 4/24 gathering by 3/5 please.

Tom Montoya

P.S. Jennifer,  Will you please post this on the class website, removing the Pre-Season meeting notice?