[Santana 22] A Fun Weekend of Great Pumpkin Racing!

Ciaran Wills c.j.wills at acm.org
Mon Nov 1 11:48:20 EDT 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Leah Pepe wrote:

> Hi
>
> It was great to see so many Tuna's out on the water this weekend!  Thank you for coming out to play!
>
> Did any Tuna finish the race yesterday?  We were undecided on which island to round first....... our first thought was to head down Racoon, but the water looked so mirror like....... so we decided to follow the little bits of wind we saw after the start until we got to the "no turning back point"....... Nice light breezes through the slot and round the rock until we hit AI........  We DNF'd about 4:30 close to South Hampton!

We finished ten minutes before the cutoff, picking up the prize for second last boat.  Looking at the results after at the club I only saw one other tuna finishing - Alegre.

We headed south first and were doing ok until racoon strait were we bobbed around for about an hour, drifted backwards for a while and then got a little lift around 4pm which fortunately followed us through to the finish.

A fun weekend though!