[Santana 22] More questions

tmc664 at comcast.net tmc664 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 00:18:44 EST 2010

Keay

I just checked your race results and you are the smallest/slowest (in theor y) boat out there. Pat and Michael have done a good job of describing the pitfalls of port starts. Imo with that fleet you should strive for hitting the line on time and at speed. Even if you nail the coveted  favored end the fleet will roll you so you need to go for CLEAN AIR .  Remember low and fast will get you to the mark faster than high and slow. I just live up the road from Sequoia YC and if I can get away for your next race I'll let you know. Perhaps you can find room for me and I'll try to morph some of my limited experience on you.

Cheers

Tom McIntyre

Spitfire #802