[Santana 22] Battery Mounting

michaelkennedy05 at yahoo.com michaelkennedy05 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 14:16:21 EDT 2011

Hi Keay
On our boat there is a piece of plywood glassed in that the head sat on.  You could screw the box into that, but the assembly is stronger (and more waterproof) if you glass the box in place.  Keep in mind that epoxy resin bonding to old, cured polyester resin gives you a good adhesive bond, but using new poly resin on old poly resin only gives you a mechanical bond
Of course, strapping the box to the forward edge of the bulkhead works fine and makes it easy to make changes
Mike Kennedy
Pariah #146