[Santana 22] Battery Mounting

Keay Edwards keay at keay3.net
Mon Mar 21 13:57:43 EDT 2011

All,

 hopefully a quick question.

 I am overhauling the electrics in my S22.  I would like to mount the battery on the floor forward of the main bulkhead, just in front of the compression post.  I removed the marine head on my last haul out so this space seems ideal.  My question is about the floor of the boat in this area.  There appears to be something glassed in that supported the head and I'd like to set a couple of screws into this for fixing the battery in place (in its box).  Hopefully someone knows exactly what I am talking about and can answer categorically whether I can put screws into this spot. (Maybe 1/2 inch max.  I looked into the old marine head mounting holes and they seem a little deeper than 1/2 inch)

The other option is to just strap the battery and its containment box directly to the bulkhead (I'd like to do both actually).

Keay Edwards

keay at keay3.net