[Santana 22] message from your *new* fleetcaptains

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:12:10 EDT 2011

Dear Santana 22 Sailors,

We would like to introduce ourselves as your co-fleet captains for the
Santana 22 San Francisco fleet in 2012.  Jennifer McKenna has been an active
crewmember on several boats in the fleet, skipper of Zingaro (#575), and
manages the website.  Anna Aldercamp has crewed with Tom Montoya for two
years before skippering her boat, Byte Size (#801), to a second place in the
YRA series this year. We are looking forward to working with all Tuna
Sailors towards an exciting 2012.

We currently have a great fleet with a diverse group of skippers who are
very supportive of each other.  Like other fleets, our numbers of actively
raced boats are somewhat down, and we’ll be looking for ways to attract more
active sailors and racers. Tunas are one of the least expensive ways to get
into sailboat racing and we’d like to assist novice skippers in any way we
can.  Finally, we’re looking into ways of getting more interaction between
sailors around events. Please let us know if you’d like to help or have
ideas. This email address will be read and answered by both of us and will
stay with the fleet in the future.

A big THANKS! To Tom Montoya for being an active and supportive fleet
captain for the past two years.

Fair winds,

Jennifer McKenna and Anna Alderkamp