[Santana 22] Larry Comstock

Bridget Binko bbinko at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 22:27:04 EDT 2011

It is with great sadness that we tell the Tuna family that long-time Santa Cruz Fleet 9 member Richard “Larry” Comstock passed away unexpectedly of cardiac arrest on Oct 17. The Comstock family acquired Rick’s Place (hull #741) right out of the mold in 1976, and Larry was still racing her 35 years later on the last day of the Santa Cruz Fall One Design series on Oct 15. In July of this year Larry and son Bob raced Rick’s Place to a second place finish in the Santana 22 Nationals in Monterey. Larry and wife Marilyn frequently took Rick’s Place out for day sails alone or with friends, and cruised her to Monterey for weekends as well. Larry was a great supporter of the fleet, an active participant in fleet events, and encouraged new owners to become involved. Larry will be greatly missed. Our sincerest sympathies to Marilyn and the entire Comstock family.

Bridget Binko
Fleet 9, Gypsy #243