[Santana 22] Congratulations Santa Maria!

Anne-Carlijn Alderkamp acalderkamp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:23:36 EDT 2011

Chris Giovacchini on "Santa Maria" is the overall 2011 winner of the YRA
Santana 22 one design white sails series! Last year, Chris put a lot of hard
work in "Santa Maria", which now looks amazing and has great boat speed. On
at least two occasions, he managed to sneak past the leading boat in the
last 50 yards of the race to take the gun. Although we had a small fleet
this year, racing was tight with overlap between the top boats on the finish
line in several races. Bobby Renz bought "Tchoupitoulas", renamed it "Oreo"
and kicked ass throughout the season.  We (Thijs and Anna) bought "Byte
Size" and had a lot of fun campaigning our own boat. Tom Montoya on "Meliki"
won the first half of the season, but unfortunately had to pull out halfway
the season for health reasons. We hope he'll be back next year. Shirley
Bates on "Inshallah" and Derek Meyer on "Aquila" joined the fun for some of
the races.

We hope to see you out racing next year!

Anna Alderkamp
S22 #801 "Byte Size"