[Santana 22] Hull Number mystery

Rande Peterson rande.peterson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:49:26 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Rande again. I wondered if any of you might be able to help me with a hull
number question. My boat was stripped of any identifying information when I
bought it. No hull number, no name. Just the W.D. Shock plaque in the
cabin. I think it was stripped to paint it. Brand new paint top and bottom
when I bought her. Anyway, the other day, I was looking at a picture of my
boat and was reminded that my main has the S on it and the number 802. This
sail was very new when I bought the boat. I wonder if one of the previous
owners had this sail made for this boat back when it still had a hull
number on it? It has what I think are reefing points, which I have come to
understand are unusual for a tuna sail?

In case any of you from CA are wondering how the hell I registered a boat
with so little information. Well, licensing laws for sailboats here in Utah
are a lot less strict than a lot of other places. Good for me I guess.

Attached is a pic of the sail if anyone is interested.

Thanks for any help offered.

Rande
Hull No. XXX