[Santana 22] Santana 22 fleet meeting, Pineapple Sails Alameda, March 1, 7 pm

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:06:13 EST 2013

Dear Tuna skippers,

We hope to see many of you on March 1, at 7 pm, when we will have our
annual fleet meeting at Pineapple Sails, 2526 Blanding Ave  Alameda, CA
94501.  This is also a great opportunity to pay your 35$ fleet dues, so
please bring a check made out to Wayne Best. If you cannot make it to the
meeting, please send it to him directly (note the new address):

Wayne Best
47 Maywood Way
San Rafael, CA 94901

This is our proposed agenda, please let us know if you have any questions,
comments, or additions.

*Agenda

*1. Introductions

2.  2013 Race schedule

   - White Sails Series
      - Spinnaker Series
      - Proposed Santana race on the estuary (Kristen, Staff Commodore IYC)

3.  Santana Sundays/Cruises/Social

   - Volunteers and Dates

4. Mentoring program

5. Nationals 2013

   - Intro to PRO
      - Volunteers
         - T-Shirts: Thijs
         - Trophies:
         - Other

6. Questions & comments

7. Sail Measuring (Michael and Jan)

A note on the schedule (item 2): There are fewer races on the bay this year
due to the AC action and the Sarcoma Cup we did last year will not be held.
Below is the proposed schedule for the 2013 season (sorry for the crummy
format). For the white sails series, we would like to make it so that
skippers can miss 2 race days and still be competitive for the overall
classification, so we would like to have 5 throw outs. Currently, we have
11 races, so we would like to add at least 2 more. An option would be to
add the 5 races of the Nationals to the white sails series. Another option
would be to do something on the estuary. Kristen, the Staff Commodore from
IYC, has volunteered to organize a Santana event on the estuary in honor of Jim
Rhoda, a former Santana 22 class association president and nationals
winner, who was the first IYC Commodore in 1970. We will discuss if this
would be suitable as part of the white sails series, or if this should be a
separate event. Please think about what you would like, and send us your
comments.

Date Race YC location  OD series races spinnaker series races  16-Apr
Wheeler BYC OC 3
 4 & 5-May Vallejo YRA

2  11-May ODCA #1 BYC OC 2
 8-Jun ODCA #2 SYC Knox 2
 22-Jun Summer sailstice YRA Central Bay 1  13 & 14-Jul Nationals RYC SH

 27-Jul 2nd half opener EYC Central Bay/Bonita 1  3-Aug ODCA #3 RYC SH 2
 7-Sep ODCA #4 EYC SB 2
 5-Oct Season closer

1  19-Oct COC BYC OC

 26-Oct Great Pumpkin RYC