[Santana 22] Fw: Join us for the 1st of our new Racer Socials!

JMcK j_amck at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 18:01:48 EDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: The Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay <info at yra.org>
To: j_amck at yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, March 12, 2013 11:55:33 AM
Subject: Join us for the 1st of our new Racer Socials!

The YRA Presents: How to DSQ without really trying- Common Misconceptions about
the Racing Rules

When
Thursday March 28, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM PDT
Add to Calendar

WhereEncinal Yacht Club
1251 Pacific Marina
Alameda, CA 94501
Driving Directions    You are cordially invited to our first YRA Racer Social of
2013 on March 28th at Encinal Yacht Club!

The YRA has planned a series of socials this year and for our inaugural event,
three members of the YRA Appeals Committee will review basic racing rules and
common misunderstandings about the rules.

We hope these new Racer Socials will add new vigor to the racing community by
providing a series of events where racers and their crew can gather to hear
interesting presentations about racing. We want to provide an opportunity for
racers to rub shoulders with each other and talk about their passion for racing
and sailing. Skippers, please invite your crew, family members, friends, or
anyone who helps in your racing endeavors. They are all important members of the
racing community, and we value their participation in the Racer Socials.

The Encinal Yacht Club will offer a buffet dinner for $21.00 per person from
6:00pm to 7:00pm (including tax and tip). The panel discussion starts at 7:00pm.
A member of the YRA has donated a keg of beer, so please come early and enjoy a
free beer. This event is FREE, but we do ask that you register for the social if
you plan to attend, and let us know if you plan on enjoying the buffer dinner,
so we can give the Yacht Club an approximate head count.

We look forward to seeing you on March 28th!

Don Ahrens
HDA/OCDA President

Get more information
Register Now!
I can't make it

________________________________

Don't forget The Great Vallejo Race is coming up soon!

 The annual kick-off to the YRA summer racing season is May 4th & 5th!  Race up
to Vallejo Yacht Club Saturday afternoon, party all night with a couple hundred
of your fellow racers and then race back to the central bay on Sunday!  We've
got divisions for Sport Boats, Multihulls, One-Design Boats, PHRF Boats,
Non-Spinnaker Boats & Short-handed crews.  Come on out and join in on the fun!

REGISTER NOW!

Haven't raced with the YRA Recently?  We'd love to hear from you.  Please take a
minute to complete our brief survey...

Take our Survey!

Forward email

This email was sent to j_amck at yahoo.com by info at yra.org |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy
Policy.

Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay| 1070 Marina Village Parkway,|
Suite 202-G| Alameda| CA| 94501