[Santana 22] Thanks for a great season everyone!

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 01:45:08 EDT 2013

Dear Tuna skippers,

With the Great Pumpkin regatta our season comes to an end, so a big THANKS
to everyone who came out to race and helped to organize events.

We had 10 boats signed up for the white sails series, 20 for nationals, and
4 boats for spinnakers, so our fleet stays pretty healthy and we had some
great racing this year. Garth Copenhaver on "Oreo" was the big winner this
year, he is now national champion, fleet champion for both spinnaker and
white sails, and YRA Champion of the Champions! Congratulations Garth and
crew for this amazing feat!

We don't have many changes in mind for or schedule next year. It looks like
the YRA will move the Summer Sailstice regatta back to the white sails
series, so that means we would have 5 race days again. We'll look for one
or two other races to add to our white sails schedule and talk about that
on our fleet meeting in March. we'll stick with the YRA PC series for our
spinnaker series and propose to keep the Great Pumpkin in the spinnaker
series as a buoy race. The match racing event and practice starts were very
well attended and good fun, so we'll ask some volunteers to organize those
again. Please let us know what you liked or disliked this year and we'll
keep improving. Moreover, the YRA welcomes every comment, so if you have
any, good or bad, we'd like to hear from you and we'll pass 'em on. Also,
we've received invitations for some bigger regattas, such as the NOOD or
the Resin Regatta. These are 2 day events so please let us know if you
would be up for something like that as part of our white sails series.

We also got a new batch of T-shirts, and I'm sorry to say that I lost the
list of who ordered what and unfortunately also who already payed Thijs for
them. So I hope you remember and can send me an email with what you ordered
and/or a check. The new batch is $25 each, as it was a smaller number. I'm
sorry it took so long.

Fair winds!

Jennifer & Anna

PS for those who are interested, I'm off on another Antarctic Research
cruise to the Ross Sea. I keep a blog at
http://www.annasouthpole.blogspot.com/

PPS Santanas are now also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309838422484797/