[Santana 22] Jib sheet winches

Rande Peterson rande.peterson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:55:21 EDT 2013

Hello again,

I have given up on finding a winch handle for the old Lewmar 8s that I have
on my boat. Looking at prices at West Marine, it might be just as easy to
replace them as it would be to take the time and effort to fabricate my own
handle. I see #6s for $150 and #8s for $250. I don't understand these
numbers but a reviewer mentioned using the #6 to replace winches on a San
Juan 21. I want to economize as much as I can but I also don't want to have
any regrets down the road. I am not racing but I am on the Great Salt Lake
(much saltier than the ocean) so durability is a big consideration. Any
advise?

Rande