[Santana 22] Spinnaker clinic, Treasure Island, Aug 30

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:52:55 EDT 2014

Dear Tuna Skippers,

To promote spinnaker sailing in the fleet we are organizing a spinnaker
clinic on Treasure Island on Aug 30. The plan is pretty simple, we'll have
Oreo and Byte Size ready to go to do a morning and an afternoon session on
Clipper Cove and have people come and sail with us.

10:30 am: morning session: talk some theory, divide up the people, let
everyone rotate through all crew positions

12:30 pm: potluck lunch with everyone from morning and afternoon sessions

1:30 pm: afternoon session

3:30 pm: have a beverage on the dock

We'll go over hoists, gybes, douses, and trimming on different courses. And
you can see what it takes to get your boat ready for spinnaker.

Please let us know if you want to join and if you have a preference for
morning or afternoon. We're a bit limited to ~ 6 people per session, but if
it turns out to be a success we'll try to find another boat, or organize
another clinic. And for everyone, feel free to come over for lunch or
beverages if you're close.

Cheers,
Garth Copenhaver, Oreo #5044
Anna Alderkamp, Byte Size # 801