[Santana 22] Santana 22: Anybody got an extra tiller?

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Wed Feb 12 22:35:05 EST 2014

Kristan,

First, have you tried the used boat equipment place in Alameda?  Grand
Marina, I think?

Second, there's been a Criags List listing (under boats) for a place
in San Leandro (?) that has a supply of misc. sailboat parts.  I think
they buy junkers and take them apart.  I don't see the listing on
today's version of CL, but it's been up pretty regularly this past
year.  It looks like a warehouse filled with "stuff."  They're only
open at certain times if I remember correctly.  You might keep an eye
out on CL for it.

Third, how about a "wanted" posting on CL?  Don't use your real phone
# or email address as a return, though.

Fourth, WM sells a "Tiller Bracket & Shim Kit."  I don't know anything
about it, for instance whether or not it would work on a Tuna, but the
Alameda WM Store might know.

Finally, I don't understand how the tiller could be so far off
center?  Does the hole at the top of the rudder shaft sit a 90º to the
rudder?  If not, then the rudder is fixed at the wrong angle onto the
shaft. If it's 90º then something's really wrong the rudderhead end.

Jan,

I second Svendsen's for a tiller.  That's where I got a new on for
"ELAINE" and it fit just right.

-- Pat Broderick