[Santana 22] Land Locked Tuna

John Lundquist jblundquistgis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 14:03:30 EST 2014

Well, I don't know if anybody is interested but I wanted to share a picture
with the fleet, I put it in Photos General S22 information Images.
The image was named iceforming in my directory and I captioned it Available
Slips. I hope to get more interesting photos this winter (if we have one).
I should have been able to get pictures with a couple of feet of snow on my
boat and a video of me sailing in a blizzard by now. Maybe next month.

My project this winter is how to keep a boat in Lake Almanor through the
winter without sinking. So far it's going good. December was pretty cold.
Cockpit drain thru hulls got pretty solid once. (the thru hulls are the
scary part) Another part of the experiment is using corn oil as an
antifreeze.

As you can see from the photo, I pretty much have Lake Almanor to myself
(yea, it's lonely up here). wanna rent a slip? Oh, maybe the flat water
doesn't appeal to you. It has been very calm here the last few months. I am
now planning on moving the boat to salt water next winter if I can swing
it. I really miss the salt water. See you when I can.

Happy 2014,

--
John Lundquist
 40.272925°, -121.125779°