[Santana 22] Special Olympics Charity Regatta at Berkeley Yacht Club August 22 and 23

Megan Dwyer megandwyer at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 18:17:17 EDT 2015

Hello everybody,
I am sending this out to anyone who may be interested in a weekend of sailing on August 22 and 23.
This is the first year of what we hope will be an annual event.
The format will be similar to the Wheeler Regatta earlier this year.

Three races on the Berkeley Circle on Saturday
Pursuit race on Sunday.

If we have 5 entries we can get a one-design start on Saturday.
You can sign up for one or both days
On line NOR and registration is at nor.berkeleyyc.org

See below for more information.

 Please join us for a great weekend of racing at Berkeley Yacht Club, and help support Special Olympics of Northern California.  A successful event on-water will bring recognition to this great organization and help in our fundraising efforts.

 nor.berkeleyyc.org is now active to accept your entry to the 1st Annual Special Olympics Northern California Charity Regatta (SONC Regatta).   The weekend of racing cost $65, or less for individual days -- please sign up now to support this great cause.  Also share this notification with your friends and fellow sailors.  If we have reached you in error, please let us know.

Our Regatta Weekend will include One Design and PHRF buoy racing on Saturday and a pursuit race on Sunday.  We will have post-race dinners and live music both evenings.  The Marina is offering free overnight berthing, and we have arranged special pricing at the hotel in the Marina.  We have a convenient launch ramp and also crane launching available from the boat yard.   This event is scheduled for a high-water weekend.

I imagine that you are familiar with the Special Olympics, but here is an overview of their program.  Special Olympics Northern California is a free year-round sports training and competition program for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. There are 16,760 athletes who compete in 160 competitions throughout the region in 11 sports. Included in that figure are 6,500 special education student-athletes who have Special Olympics in the classroom through our Schools Partnership Program. Special Olympics requires the extraordinary support and time of 14,860 volunteers and volunteer coaches. Financial support comes almost exclusively from individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations. For more information on Special Olympics Northern California, visit www.SONC.org or join us at www.Facebook.com/SONorCal

 We race they win!   Please consider joining us.

 Warmest regards!

 Kevin