[Santana 22] Santana 22 #5150 free to a loving home

Russell Whitaker russell.whitaker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:03:58 EST 2016

So, I've got a tuna I bought 4 years ago that I've sailed a shamefully small
number of times (twice in beercan races) at Brisbane marina. Anna knows the
boat (at least the boat she recommended I buy, and on which she was the
tactician [and the one knowledgeable racer, actually]) for a SPYC beercan race
in 2011.

I haven't sailed her in a couple years, and last visited her a few months ago
to clean up the topside and lament my neglect. I stopped having a diver
do quarterly cleaning a year ago, and have been paying Brisbane $200/month
to do nothing with it. I'm sick of letting her rot at dock, and on the
last couple
of occasions I've put out feelers on my personal "friends" social network, I
discovered who among my network felt no compunctions about wasting my
time.

So, I'm finally letting the Tuna fleet here know I'm giving her away, "free"
(you all know what "free boat" means) to someone familiar with Tunas.

It has a Pineapple mainsail with one set of reef points put in by
Peninsula (yes, I
know, but we weren't planning to race the boat). Also a lightweight spinnaker
and some other miscellaneous sail inventory.

The boat really needs a bottom job and, frankly, could really use freeboard
and deck repaint as well.

I will be available on Saturday morning from 0800 when the Brisbane
harbormaster office opens. If you want this boat, show up, confirm you'll
take it, and I'll sign the title over to you in the harbormaster's office after
they've approved your paperwork (which you will have downloaded and
filled out before heading down to see me; we'll coordinate)

No, I won't give the boat away and keep paying the dock fees; I don't want
to deal with the 30-day notice requirement (I called them just now and
confirmed that). You take the slip if you want the boat.

No, I won't part out the boat and give or sell you pieces like sail inventory.
Don't ask.

Make this easy for me and the boat's yours.

Thanks, Russell

--
Russell Whitaker
http://twitter.com/OrthoNormalRuss