[Santana 22] Dry sailing advice

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 10:37:34 EDT 2019

Andrew,

It depends on the crane - at RYC you don't need to remove the backstay,
just pull the starboard guy rope attached to the internal sling a bit
more than the port one so boat leans away from the crane (for safety
since you know it will fall away from you, and to keep mast away from
top of crane).  In Monterey and Santa Cruz the crane comes in from the
end and you do have to take out backstay.

People run a rope attached to main halyard down to a cleat behind the
shrouds, though depending on your mast foot and step it *might* stay up
without it :)

Jan Grygier

Carlos, #320

RYC