Ski/Sail Cancelled - Saturday Local Race Instead

Avery Patton avery_patton at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 20:34:26 EDT 2013

All -

Ski/Sail was scheduled for this weekend, but unfortunately has been cancelled
this year due to not enough V-15s and Lasers able to attend. Sad news!

However, in its place, some of us Ski/Sailors (myself, Dan, and Lyzz) are
organizing a low-key local regatta at TISC -- minus the skiing. Hopefully this
way we can entice some additional folks who can't make it to Tahoe this weekend,
and it should be a fun way to kick off the season. Plus, the weather is supposed
to be nice (currently they're saying 72, sunny, and 5-10 mph of wind).

We're thinking it will be in the following format (exact times to be confirmed):
- 10am report time
- Fleet racing from 11 to 1
- Lunch break from 1 to 2
- Casual team racing (no experience needed) from 2 to 4ish; teams set up based
on results from fleet racing
- BBQ and beers after.

This will be an informal event, with teams alternating as RC, so we can have an
entry fee of $0 (perhaps chipping in for food). Even if you can't make it
sailing on Saturday, just come by for the BBQ and hang out with the fleet!

If you're interested, please sign up on the ski/sail page:
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/701 (we'll try to get the content updated), and
please let us know if you have questions.

Avery (and Dan and Lyzz)