[Santana 22] Dry Storage

Derek Meyer djmeyer16 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 17:15:39 EST 2008

Hello all,
I am considering putting Aquila on a trailer and dry sailing her.  I have a few questions about this:
1)where can you store a boat that has a crane?  My Y.C.s have extremely long waiting lists.  I would prefer to be in Sausalito but I'm willing to go to the East Bay or possibly the city as well.
2)if you store somewhere without a crane, how hard is it to put up the mast and take it down?
3)If you store somewhere without a hoist, where do you put your boat in the water?  Is it possible to use a launching ramp?
4)is a significant advantage gained by dry sailing a boat?  I figure it would be cheaper than berth fees and would eliminate the costly act of pulling the boat every year/painting it/possibly having to refair the keel.

I welcome all thoughts, and thank you in advance
Derek