[Santana 22] Fleet Practice Day

Leah Pepe ocean2sierras at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:31:20 EDT 2010

I double the thanks to the Santana Practice Day organizers and race
committee:  Frank, Cathy, Tom, Javier & the IYC!!  It was a great day for
sure - and I for one, learned that I have SO MUCH to learn!  Great
conditions, great company, incredible pot luck and we love our Tuna's!!

I apologize again to my fellow racers for, barging, not giving way or
responding to your gentle reminders for "room at the mark"!  Seriously, I
have to give room at the finish?  That was my tactic to squeeze out
StarKissed!  The plan was for all of us new racers to become more confident,
right?

And the exciting sail home to Sausalito to top off the day!  The bay gave us
her typical spring day lumpy, bumpy & crew soaking conditions at Angel
Island!!

Can't wait to see you all on the water with promises not to intimidate!
LOL!!

Thanks again everyone for a wonderful day!

~Leah
S/V Kelly Shawn

--
"Throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the.... winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."