[Santana 22] Great Lakes Sailing

Rande Peterson rande.peterson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 12:37:21 EST 2012

Hi All,

I am contemplating a move to Marquette Michigan for a year and a half
work assignment. I currently live in Utah and sail on the Great Salt
Lake. The winds here are most of the time very light (much less than
10 knots). I am very new to sailing. I only have a handful of seasons
under my belt. In any case, I was wondering if any of you have any
advise about sailing on Lake Superior. I am thinking of what pros and
cons there are. I am wondering how long the sailing season is up
there. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rande