[Santana 22] 2013 Schedule

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Mon Aug 5 16:38:03 EDT 2013

Jim,

It's important to keep the pole "fore and aft" while hooking it to the
jib.  Trying to do it with the pole crossways is pretty nearly
impossible.  The crew working the sheet should pull it in far enough
so that the foredeck crew can clip on the pole (foreward of the
shrouds) before pushing it out.

The pole "fore and aft" is true while jibing as well.  Unhook the mast
end, slide the pole back until the crew can move it to the other side
of the forestay, then push it out.  The crew should not have to go
forward of the mast while jibing - and can use the mast to lean
against as a brace.

Pat (former Tuna)