[Santana 22] Reminder-Fleet Meeting this Friday!

Chris Hofmann chofmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:22:28 EST 2014

Looks like you folks are busy up there!   I'll add some more thoughts for
your calendar discussions.

re:  > -July 25-27 (Nationals, Monterey)

there is also "Santanarama" scheduled the following weekend (Aug 2-3)
hosted by the Stillwater YC.
http://www.sycpb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=58

 If you've never sailed there its definitely the most spectacular setting
for a racing venue on the Central Coast, and the Stillwater folks put on a
great weekend including a barbeque on the beach..  Boats tie up in front of
the Pebble beach Spa on the 17th hole.  If you plan to come for the
Nationals be sure to hang around for the extra weekend.

The weekend before the nationals we have also kicked round the idea of a a
feeder cruise or race from Santa Cruz across Monterey Bay.  The 25 mile
westerly reach dash in big waves across the bay is always fun.   If your
interested in that let me know or keep up with the posts on our Santa Cruz
Fleet Mailing List/Google Group at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!forum/s22santacruz

Also Deb Fehr and a few folks have also been sailing with the Santa Cruz
fleet in our "2cd Saturday" Team Racing events.  If you have ever tried
team racing you'll soon be hooked.  We would like to invite more boats or
just Santana Sailors to crew for those races.

-Chris Hofmann