[Santana 22] Tuna rigging

Daniel Carnahan dan at skipperdan.com
Mon Aug 8 15:52:13 EDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

Here are my thoughts, for what it's worth!

1. There are several of us on SF Bay that sail with spinnakers
regularly.  I race weekly in the Carquinez Strait, and I always plan
to have it up!   In the beer can and phrf races I'm in, I can't not
fly a spinnaker and expect to have a decent finishing.

To add a spinnaker to the boat, I researched and acquired all of the
hardware, lines, sails (multiple kites) and planned out how/where
everything should mount and run, etc.

2. In your photo, I believe that plastic thing keeps the boom from
bashing the deck when you take the main down (notice - no topping
lift!).

3. For line sizes, I'm pretty much down to all 1/4" or 3/8" to reduce weight.

Hope that helps!

Dan
Sail la Vie
Benicia, CA

Daniel Carnahan, dan at skipperdan.com
PO Box 1074, Benicia CA 94510-4074
H:707-747-1808 C:707-319-5706 F:707-471-6539
IM: Y!:dlcarna AIM:skipperdan Google:dlcarna Skype:skipper-dan

----- Message from ahtamm at gmail.com ---------