[Santana 22] Gas and battery placement

John Kehoe johnkehoe at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 19 11:05:55 EDT 2017

Hello,

I’m a novice sailer in Sault Sainte Marie, MI, at the outlet of Lake Superior, on the Saint Mary’s River. with a Santana 22. I would like to mount a shelf, to accommodate a 6gal. gas tank and battery/batteries from the stern, port to starboard sides. Does anybody out there have an opinion as to wether mounting the shelf to the hull is a good idea. I’m looking for the most efficient way to stabilize  and level gas tank and battery/ies without effecting boat design.

Thanks,

John

John Kehoe
630 621 2122