[Santana 22] Gas and battery placement

michaelkennedy05 michaelkennedy05 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 17:29:16 EDT 2017

Hi JohnShelf for gas tank is a good idea. Mine is mounted to the side of the cockpit with support to the hull below
Battery goes down below-just in front of the main bulkhead.  You really dont want it in the same compartment as the gas.  Blammo. Mike

-------- Original message --------From: John Kehoe <johnkehoe at ameritech.net> Date: 7/19/17  8:05 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: tuna at myfleet.org Subject: [Santana 22] Gas and battery placement
Hello,
I’m a novice sailer in Sault Sainte Marie, MI, at the outlet of Lake Superior, on the Saint Mary’s River. with a Santana 22. I would like to mount a shelf, to accommodate a 6gal. gas tank and battery/batteries from the stern, port to starboard sides. Does anybody out there have an opinion as to wether mounting the shelf to the hull is a good idea. I’m looking for the most efficient way to stabilize  and level gas tank and battery/ies without effecting boat design.
Thanks,
John

John Kehoe630 621 2122johnkehoe at ameritech.net