Protests and 3 Minute Justice

Madeline Eustis mfeustis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:02:20 EDT 2013

Ok, I have no idea where I got my earlier statement cuz I just looked back
at the SIs and they are crystal clear on this subject BUT I do agree with
Chad, since we run college style races and a 720 will take you from 1st to
last pretty quickly, perhaps a 360 is a more appropriate penalty for our
fleet. I also think it's important to note here that you must be CLEAR of
all other boats while making your penalty turn i.e. you can not spin while
on the reach "leg" to the offset, you need to get clear of boats next to
you, and boat coming from behind you that might want to go high. This is
just an example that I have seen, but of course it applies to all legs and
all POS.
Maddy